NJ Akers & Co has a wide range of International and UK clients. These clients include both corporations and law firms. We also have a strong track record of working with new ventures and start-up companies.
- Filing, prosecution and enforcement of patents, trade marks and designs.
- Freedom to operate analysis for patents and trade marks.
- IP strategies and portfolio management.
- Post grant enforcement.
- IP portfolio evaluation, risk analysis and due diligence for corporate investments, venture capitalists and investors.
Why work with us:
- A wide range of experience in corporate patent departments and in private practice in Europe, North America and Asia.
- Extensive expertise in IP strategies, IP risk analysis, management of IP portfolios and protection and enforcement of IP rights.
- Substantial experience of strategic patent prosecution for high value patent cases, including computer implemented inventions. This includes experience of advising on and managing standards related patent portfolios and aligning claim scope with standards development and business strategy.
- Substantial brand and design protection and enforcement experience across a broad range of sectors including electronics products, fashion, creative industries, food and drink, chemicals, industrial design and leisure products.
- Technical expertise includes telecommunications, electronics, photonics, medical devices, healthcare, oil and gas exploration and production including subsea technologies, chemistry, food and drink technologies. The firm also has particular expertise in wireless telecommunication technologies, including user interfaces and wireless telecoms standards.
- The firm will provide IP education and increase awareness of IP within companies, including seminars for engineers and research staff, commercial and marketing managers, as well as externally with business advisors and undergraduate and post graduate students through guest lecturing sessions at a variety of universities in the UK and overseas.